Tuesday 6 September 2016

Crafting with kids - foiling

Although many children are already back at school, my 7 year old granddaughter Lara has another week to go, and as Mummy and Daddy are back at work and Holiday Club has finished for the summer, she's spending a bit of time with us this week.

Yesterday was a damp, muggy day and none of us really felt like getting out and about, so she and I had a crafting day together. I remembered that she and I hadn't done any foiling together for a long time, so I lifted out an assortment of coloured foils from Foilplay and some double sided peel offs from an old batch I bought from QVC years ago.

Lara designed and made this card all by herself. The peel offs, being old, weren't quite as sticky as they used to be, so I showed her how to carefully rub around the edges with a ball ended scoring tool to make sure the foil stuck right up to the edge. She said it reminded her of the brass rubbing she had done while away on holiday!

For the sentiment, she used a Tonertex pen to write the words (I supervised her while using the pen as the fumes are pretty potent) and then rubbed the writing with rainbow foil.

The layout is all her own work - even the idea of creating a butterfly from heart shaped peel offs.


And here is the proud artist with her finished card

2 comments:

Foil Play said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foil Play said...

Wow! Great card Lara - I love the butterfly, clever idea :)