Saturday 17 September 2016

A very old deer

As I was die cutting this deer today, Mark looked over my shoulder and said "That must be a very old deer". That's because of the received wisdom that the size and number of points on a deer's antlers can tell you its age. Actually that isn't true, I've just been googling and although they do tend to get bigger every year for the first few years, they do eventually stop getting bigger, and for about half their lives, don't grow at all.

That's the educational bit out of the way! The die that triggered it all is a Crafts Too die called prance, and it's the first time I've used it. It's presumably supposed to be a Christmassy one, with a name like that, but I've used it in a non-festive way.


I am sharing this with CASology - Bark

3 comments:

Barb said...

Well he's certainly a very elegant deer Jane and this is a beautiful card. I was interested to read their antlers stopped growing. Barbxx

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture the embossing gives this simple & elegant card, Jane! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Well, I learned something today! ;) Thanks for that little tidbit!
I love your simple color scheme and the lovely texture the embossing adds to your design!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!