Tuesday 27 September 2016

Autumn Colours at Cardz 4 Guyz

Autumn is well under way now, so our latest challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is Autumn Colours.

Here is my inspiration card for this week:


The delicate  leaf background is stamped using a background mat I've had ever since I started stamping - I can't recall where it came from. I brayered the mat with a Kaleidacolour Autumn leaves pad and then pressed a sheet of glossy photo paper over the mat. The sentiment stamped over it using Stazon ink is from a SU set I recently won in the playground.

The panel of stylised leaves is made with a stencil and Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - the camera is, as usual, lying and it actually has a wonderful raised texture and sparkle.

The leaf was die cut using a snippet of the beautiful card embedded with coffee grounds that I bought at the Eden Project some years ago with a little Alchemy Wax added to the leaf tips.

Everything is brought together on a background of ready-embossed Hunkydory card, again from my snippets box. As I've mentioned before about this card, it might be scorable but it isn't awfully cutting-friendly - with hindsight, I wish I'd added a little ink to all the edges after cutting it.

9 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

That leaves looks like a real one
Love the BIG Sentiment
how are you Jane?
miss you
Hugs
Monika

Craftychris said...

Love the delicate background stamping for the fabulous bold sentiment and the sparkle panel and gorgeous leaf all come together marvellously on the cool embossed background! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous masculine card, love the fall colours and the beautiful maple leaf (I'm partial to them ya know)

Joan said...

Love the muted colours of the stamped leaves and that lovely embossed background

Barb said...

This is a beautiful card Jane and the colours are lovely. The lovely sparkle does show on your leaf panel. Barbxx

MagsB said...

This is gorgeous, Jane, such beautiful autumnal colours!

love Mags B x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the Autumn leaves and the die-cut leaf
Carol x

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulous, really love the background. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Sue - said...

Great card Jane, your leaf looks very much like a fridge magnet I bought in Vermont a few years ago, which was a real leap encased in some sort of resin.