Sunday 4 September 2016

Saved by the Snippets!

This card was never intended to be a snippets card! It started out as a square one layer card, stamped with lots of ferns in greens and autumn shades, to be entered into this week's Mod Squad challenge which is Foliage.

The ferns were done and I went to stamp a sentiment on the top right of the card and........ disaster! I dropped a dark green inkpad - PLOP! - face down on top of the card. There was a HUGE gash of green across the top.

I was just about to throw the whole thing away when I realised that if I cut it partway up to make an A6 landscape card with a side fold, the ferns would all still be intact and there would be only a tiny bit of the green splodge showing. And a quick rummage in my snippets box provided just the right snippets to stamp the sentiment and layer it up to cover the splodge.

So I am also joining in with the latest Snippets Playground challenge, with my new motto - SNIPPETS SAVE CARDS!

9 comments:

Cara said...

You've been busy making dome fab cards recently, loved the diet one, oh so true!
My heart sank for you when I read about the escapee ink pad. Totally something that happens to me all the time. Fabulous save though!
Cara x

Di said...

AS Cara says - fabulous save Jane! I's always good to sit back and ponder before ditching a 'plopped upon' card isn't it :) Wonderful stamping there too!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

A brilliant rescue, Jane! Super design, I love all the stamping. xx

Bonnie said...

Fantastic save! I love the colors of your foliage! This card really stood out to me in the Snippets gallery!

Dawn said...

Beautifully saved Jane! Love it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, your ferns are beautiful - thank goodness you manged to rescue it.
Pauline
x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love how you rescued this gorgeous card Jane, I love the stamps you've used Chocolate Baroque if i'm not mistaken.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Jane this is a fabulously saved card. I love the autumn foliage colours and the sentiment is perfect. You really are amazing . Hugs Mrs A.

Pia S said...

So glad you were able to rescue this card, the stamped autumn scene is absolutely gorgeous!