Thursday 8 September 2016

Autumn Sunset

Yesterday I spent another day crafting with my granddaughter - she wanted to have a go at some mixed media projects and had great fun, although I forgot to take any photos of her finished work. But as part of it, she asked me to show her how to make a blended inky background to stamp on, and this is what I made to demonstrate.


The background is made from distress inks in shades of red, orange and yellow, blended together then overstamped with a dragonfly in one of the shades of red. The remaining stamping uses black Stazon - a Paper Artsy sentiment and a selection of wild flower stamps from an old Artylicious set.

I am sharing this with
Fab'n'Funky - Fall Colours
Mod Squad - Fall Colours   (I've not used any of the greens on the palette - hope that is OK)

3 comments:

scrapper said...

Lovely Card Jane.

The Little Stamper said...

This is amazing. I really admire this style of card and your blended background is amazing. I am sure your grand daughter learned a lot!

Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

Sharon x

Pat K said...

Beautiful card. Love the fall shades and your creative background. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x