Thursday, 8 September 2016

Autumn Sunset

Yesterday I spent another day crafting with my granddaughter - she wanted to have a go at some mixed media projects and had great fun, although I forgot to take any photos of her finished work. But as part of it, she asked me to show her how to make a blended inky background to stamp on, and this is what I made to demonstrate.


The background is made from distress inks in shades of red, orange and yellow, blended together then overstamped with a dragonfly in one of the shades of red. The remaining stamping uses black Stazon - a Paper Artsy sentiment and a selection of wild flower stamps from an old Artylicious set.

I am sharing this with
Fab'n'Funky - Fall Colours
Mod Squad - Fall Colours   (I've not used any of the greens on the palette - hope that is OK)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful project with an awesome design! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog's "Color Inspiration - Fall Colors" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MSCB Challenge Hostess
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT
    Love To Craft Challenge Blog DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT
    My Crafting Stories DT
    Creatalicious Challenges DT
    Let's Craft and Create DT
    Mod Squad Challenge Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. I really admire this style of card and your blended background is amazing. I am sure your grand daughter learned a lot!

    Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the fall shades and your creative background. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete