Tuesday 13 September 2016

Harvest Mice

Yes, I know I've been AWOL - I've been away yet again. This time for another visit to my Mum, who was feeling very sad as one of her cats had to be put to sleep last week after being very badly mauled by a fox, and then on to my school reunion - it was 50 years ago that we all started at Ashton-in-Makerfield Grammar School. There was a great turnout and it was lovely to see so many old faces - some I had kept in touch with over the years and many I hadn't, but we all seemed to fit together just as we had in the old days, and what's more, our partners fitted in well and were made very welcome too.

Anyway, now I'm home and it's back to the crafting. For this card I've used a very old stamp from a company called Dimension Fourth - I can't find them online now so I presume they are no longer around. They used to have a monthly club where there was a different stamp set each month, and this stamp was in one of their sets. I stamped it with brown memento ink and coloured it with Promarkers and then - aaaaaargh - fussy cut it. All those tails and stalks! I sponged a background and stamped a sentiment onto a card blank and then used Pinflair glue to slightly raise the image above the card.


I am sharing this with Make My Monday - Autumn Colours
And also with a brand new challenge I would like to introduce to you - Perfectly Created Chaos where the first challenge has just started and is called Stamp it! Anything Goes as long as some stamp-and-ink (not digi) stamping is included. I know from my own experience the excitement of starting a challenge and waiting for the entries to flood in - and, until word gets around, it doesn't happen, so please pop over there, join in, spread the word and give Dori some love!

8 comments:

Di said...

Wow Jane, what a gorgeous card. Love those meece and all the fussy cutting - phew! The sentiment is just perfect for the image as well :)

I can imagine how much you enjoyed your school reunion, I love ours (every other year) and it's always such fun.

Hugs

Di xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane, I remember the stamp and the company. I love how you've fussy cut the image and put a glorious sun behind those mice. We had a school reunion about 20 plus years ago but I still live where I went to school and regularly see people who attended when I did, glad you enjoyed yours.

Sue xx

Dori Shelton said...

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I love your card and I love the fact that you've used a treasured oldie from your stash! Too often I think we,get caught up in the craze of company new releases that we forget we have perfectly useful stuff already! I love to pull out stamps and products I haven't used in a while!
I love the warm orange on the white background, makes it feel all warm and cozy!!

Barb said...

Oh Jane I love this card. Those fussy cut little mice are so sweet. What a lovely stamp and the sentiment is lovely. Barbxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a wonderful card! I love the colors and that you cut out the image and popped it up. Some of those old stamps are the best!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Jane, such an adorable image and fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x

BożenA said...

Super, beautiful card. I Love it!

Fliss said...

Love this Jane, the image is so sweet and is perfect against the lovely ink background.
Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM.
Fliss DT x