Friday 16 September 2016

Cupboard Love

... or to be more precise, fridge love. Anyone who has ever been owned by a cat will know what I'm talking about. You try to open the fridge silently - and all of a sudden there's a little pair of golden eyes looking up at you imploringly.....

So, for my second entry to Naughty or Nice Challenges Food and Drink themed challenge this month, I thought I would depict that undying love between a cat and a refrigerator. I cut a DL card to resemble a well known brand of fridge, and used peel off letters, in a very similar font to that the brand uses, to label the fridge "FOOD" in the place where the brand name normally goes. The door handle part is cut from a scrap of the peel off waste to make sure it matches.

The sentiment is a Dylusions stamp that I think sums up the situation perfectly, and the hungry cat is stamped with an image from the Katzelkraft "Chats Russes" set and coloured with Promarkers. Are you impressed with the cutting out? I reckon it looks almost as if I'd used a die!

 
I am also sharing this with Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Di said...

Totally brilliant Jane! I do love your humerous cards :) And that fussy cutting is amazing - I don't always buy the matching dies that many stamps seem to have these days (they're often a lot more expensive than the stamps) but when a stamp is as tricky-woo as this one I would be hoping for a die! Well done you!

Have you recovered from that thunder and lightning storm last night yet? I feel quite discombobulated today from lack of sleep!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

I love it. A great fun card Jane. A great expression on his face. Barbxx

Dotty Jo said...

There's not greater love than that between a cat and the fridge... Although the cat and the sofa comes very close! Your card is fabulous, Jane. You are so witty! Thanks for entertaining us at NoN again, Jo x

cotnob said...

Such a fun card, a brilliant idea.
Pauline
x

Liz said...

Very clever, Jane. Super idea. xx

Lindsey said...

So very true! Although my cat also loves our fridge because so many of his toys fit under it, then he can watch us dig them out for him. What a great idea to create a fridge-shaped card; and yes, awesome fussy cutting. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, sistah!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute and fun card and yes very true as all cat slaves know, although mine arrives in the kitchen as soon as I go near it.

Julie B said...

My pooch is exactly the same Jane. I just have to stand by the fridge and he's sat there with those sad soulful eyes!
Thanks for joining in at ATSM

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha I love your fridge card! Our dog knows her treat cupboard in our house, I can't even walk in that general part of the kitchn but she's looking hungry at me!
Thanks for joining our food and drink theme at Naughty or Nice :)

Unknown said...

haha what a great sentiment! Lovely card and the cat! Thank you for joining us at ATSM !
Kamila DT