Tuesday 6 September 2016

Peacock time again

I had to laugh when I saw the new challenge at Less is More, use the colours in a peacock's tail, because only the day before I'd posted this card which would have been perfect for the challenge.

While I could still remember which of the inks from my Kaleidacolour pads I had used to make the die cut peacock, I dug them out again and this time blobbed them randomly all over a piece of semi-matte photo paper to give a much more intense colour. Than I stamped the art nouveau style peacock's tail feather stamp from a very old Tandastamps set over the background using black Stazon ink and cut out the images.

I had just bought this gorgeous ribbon from a Facebook page called Its sew Gorgeous and was waiting for a chance to use it - and it is perfect for this challenge! I added a stamped sentiment using a stamp from a set that came with a recent issue of Creative Stamping.


I am also sharing this with

Glitter and Sparkle - CAS 
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS

10 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful Jane! I really love this card - and it has that Art Deco flavour too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Esther said...

Absolutely stunning! The elements are so stylish and beautifully coloured, and that ribbon is perfect. I did think when I saw your other card that it would have been perfect for this week, but then we wouldn't have had a chance to see this gorgeous creation so it's worked out well :) Thanks for playing!

Susan said...

Wow...cool design. Really eye catching. Love those modern peacock feathers! Thanks for playing along!

Julie B said...

Gorgeous ribbon Jane, love the colours.
Thanks for joining in at ATSM too. :)

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Jane, beautiful colours and lovely art nouveau design.
Pauline
x

Monika Reeck said...

Jane I miss you
hope you are doing well
stunning feathers card Jane
many thanks for playing along with us at ATSM
hugs
Monika (DT)

Sue - said...

Stunning card Jane. The ribbon is fabulous, just off to check out the FB page!

Unknown said...

I also said 'Oh Damn!' or something on that line when I saw your peacock on a card last week!!!
BUT alas you've rocked it again with more fabulous stash to showcase for our colour challenge.
Superb work Jane! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Less is More this week.
Sarah

Neets B said...

Isn't it funny how we often make cards too early that would be perfect for a challenge that we never knew about! I'm loving that ribbon, so pretty and the feather stamp is really unusual. You've conveyed the peacock colours wonderfully.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card and blending! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT