Monday 26 September 2016

Boingy boingy boing!

Every time I think of kangaroos, I think of the children's TV programme "Alphabet Zoo" that was popular when my girls were small, and included a song about a kangaroo that went "boingy boiny boing all over Austraaaaaaaaaalia!" So you'll have to forgive me for singing along as I type.

I've made this card for a friend who has a birthday later this week. She lived in Australia for several years and goes back there to visit as often as she can, so as she isn't going this year I thought an Australian themed birthday card might give her a little taste of the country.




The roos are cut with the lovely Australian Animals die set from Dies R Us. For the Uluru background, I searched on my ipad for a suitable photo and pinched it to the correct size for my card, then used an indelible pen to trace it onto acetate. Then I cut out the acetate and used it as a double mask,  first to cover the sky while colouring the rock with distress inks, then to colour the sky. I made the sun first by sponging ink through card with a circle punched from it,  then used the punched circle as a second mask while painting the sky using a waterbrush and two shades of blue from a kaleidacolour pad. The foreground is torn Core-dinations card.

I am sharing this with

Make my Monday - no patterned paper
Glitter and Sparkle - Happy Birthday  (it's their 4th birthday - why not pop over and help them celebrate?)
AAA Cards - masking

6 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Your card is full of fun and colour Jane, I'm sure your friend will love it.
Great masking and thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards. Sarah

Barb said...

What a lovely card Jane. It's sunny and bright and I absolutely love the kangaroos. I'm sure this one will make you friend smile. It's super card. Barbxx

Greta said...

What a creative card & so special for your friend, Jane!

Craftychris said...

I love those cute kangaroos! Fabulous backdrop you created for them and the personal touch for your friend is so thoughtful! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable kangaroos on a gorgeous background. a fabulously special card for your friend.

crafty-stamper said...

A fabulous background you created with such care and fabulous die-cut kangaroos
Carol x