Monday 26 September 2016

Toot-toot!

The current challenge at CD Sundays is "Things with wheels". Normally I would go straight to my La Pashe CDs for this theme, as they have so many super images from Teddies on bikes to crazy lorry drivers. But several of the DT have made fab cards with some of my favourite La Pashe designs, and anyway I wanted to have an excuse to browse through some of my other CDs.

Eventually I settled on this sweet topper and border from the CD "The Rachel Anne Miller Collection". I wasn't too keen on the backing papers designed to go with it, so I picked out a couple that had been magazine freebies - recently I went through  pile of old, unloved mags, ripped out the papers and stored them in a folder so I wouldn't feel obliged to always use them together, kit-style. For embellishments, I used cut some wheels using the X-cut Gears die set, going for a pastel yellow instead of the dark and metallic colours I usually choose, to give them a fresher, younger look. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Jane. I love the image you have used. I used it for CD Sunday back in 2014. We did a theme from Tots to Teens. The yellow cogs look super.
Thank you for your visit to my Blog for Ooh La La especially as you haven't officially started. Congratulations and have fun.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

I love this Jane. It's so bright and cheery.....perfect for a Birthday Boy!!!.......and our challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for joining us again.....love your creations. Wynn DT

Pamela said...

This is really lovely - so bright and cheerful. I love what you've done with it. Thanks for joining in the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Barb said...

What a sweet card. I also like the colour of the cogs. They looks great with the image. A really fun card. Barbxx

crafty-stamper said...

What a cute image love the bright colours and cogs
Carol x

meg said...

Great image and layout in lovely bright colours. The cogs add extra interest and dimension.

Margarets designer cards said...

What a wonderful card, I love your design and the clogs just add great colour to the colour. I love the image and goes so well with the clogs.
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Jane, just taking a peek around your blog, it's fascinating to see, love this card it caught my eye, image is gorgeous as are all the bits and bobs, Shaz in Oz.x

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card. I like all the little cogs, they set the image off perfectly.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

This is a fun card for a child Jane, absolutely perfect for our challenge.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline
x