Sunday 4 September 2016

Around the world in a handful of stamps

I made this card to showcase the lovely set of travel themed stamps I picked up from a bargain bucket at the Farnborough show in the spring. No brand name on the pack and I think it only cost £1,  but I love, love, LOVE them! Here I've stamped them in dark green and sponged with a lighter green to give them an aged appearance. Although the London Eye and the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge are pretty modern so maybe the vintage look is a bit out of place. But I like it.


I chose the London, Sydney and San Francisco images along with the tiny postcards for this card, along with a sentiment printed out from Debbie Moore's "Vintage discovery" CD. The background paper is from an old K&Company pad, it is a map of the North American continent. I'm not sure why I decided to stencil a stone wall over part of it - I think somewhere in the back of my mind I must have been subconsciously thinking of The Great Wall of China, just to add another continent into the mix!

I am sharing this with
Country View Crafts - Travel
Stamping Sensations - one for the boys
Just Us Girls - Travel 



7 comments:

Ina G said...

Absolutely awesome layout. Very vintagy and how lucky to have picked up such fabulous stamps. Love it Jan. Perfect take on our Word Challenge at Just us Girls this week. So pleased you shared it with us. Thank you.

Liz said...

£1???!!! You definitely got a bargain there! A brilliant card. xx

brenda said...

A great card for our 'One for the Boy's' theme at Stamping Sensations this month Jane, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Corrie Herriman said...

Great little project ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Rika said...

stunning card!

pinky said...

Great stamp collage, perfect for our challenge theme. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Those stamps are gorgeous Jane and certainly a great bargain too, they've made a wonderful card.

Sue xx