Saturday 19 December 2015

Holiday at Twofers

It's time for a new challenge at Twofers, and  this time our theme is HOLIDAY. With the festive season here, we were originally thinking of holiday in the Christmas sense of the word, but if like me you live in the UK and think of holidays more as seaside trips with donkeys, buckets and spades and fish and chips on the prom, then feel free to interpret it that way - or to celebrate any other holiday!

I'm still frantically making my last few Christmas cards, so I've gone for a very simple card with gold embossing on black. The tree is a very old unmounted stamp which I received in a RAK, so I don't know the brand, and the corner is from Clarity Stamps and is also Very Old Stuff, in fact it has the honour of being the very first clear plastic stamp I ever bought! Most of the early ones I bought have got dry and cracked now, but this one is still as good as new despite probably thousands of inkings.


I'll leave you with a thought - if White On White is WOW, is Gold On Black GOB?????

I'm joining in with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge which this week is Anything Goes as Long as it's Christmas

5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Ooh! I LOVE gold and black together Jane . . . so classy! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Zoechaos said...

The title of the recipe below this just caught my eye so will check that in a mo! GOB! no Black and Gold is far to stylish and elegant for that, just like you my friend. Happy Christmas XOXO

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 260 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

Liz said...

A very elegant card, Jane. Gold on black looks so classy.

Gold on Black is definitely GOB, unless you want to say Black under Gold is BUG! ;-) xx

Greta said...

Gorgeous tree & looks so wonderful in gold! I like that--GOB--haha!