Saturday 19 December 2015

Merry Christmas Mark

As you probably know, my husband Mark is crazy about chillis - growing them and cooking them, and I try to make him chilli themed cards whenever possible, even at Christmas (and if anyone knows of a range of stamps that includes a chilli, please let me know!)

Because I've been unable to find a suitable stamp, I hand drew a chilli a couple of years ago and scanned the image, and have used it in several different ways. This year I resized it to comfortably fit a DL sized card, then printed it and cut it out. I stamped the Christmas greeting randomly all over the image, then mounted it onto white card and trimmed to leave a narrow border.

Next I die cut lots of snowflakes using a die that was a magazine freebie a year or two ago and stuck them randomly all over my DL card, trimming any overlapping edges. I used 3D adhesive to mount the chilli on top of them and then finished the snowflake centres with "chilli red" gems.



I'm sharing this with

The Male Room - Christmas or Seasonal Greetings (actually in my case it's more SEASONING greetings!)
Dies R Us - Winter - use snowflakes

7 comments:

Barb said...

A very special and unique card for your husband Jane. What a clever idea. Barbxx

Darlene said...

WOW! This is unique and very cool! ... okay maybe HOT not Cool! LOL! Either way, Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WINTER’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. DID YOU KNOW? A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

Liz said...

Brilliant card for a lover of chilli! Such a fun design. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Now, that's the first time I've seen a chili pepper Christmas card! I love it! Your husband has to get a kick out of this. Super cute the way you stamped the "Merry Christmas" all over the chili. And, hey, the color looks Christmasy. Thanks for sharing this fun card in our Dies R Us Winter Challenge!

Christi Conley said...

Ohhhh remind me the next time we swap stuff, I have 2 chili stamps to send you :) What a hot creation ;) LOL Happy Holidays to you and yours my dear friend <3

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the chilli image with the sentiment inside. Super background too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. Hope to see you again next year.

Claire Toplis said...

A very apt card especially with his love of chillies