Sunday 27 December 2015

Ring in the New Year at CD Sundays

Good morning everybody! I hope you all had a good Christmas. I don't actually know whether I did or not - NOT because I drank so much I can't remember a thing about it, but because I'm writing this in advance, as by the time you read this I will be away visiting family in France and giving my younger two grandchildren lots of Christmas cuddles.

I'm back with another GDT post for CD Sundays and our theme this time is "Ring in the New Year".  I've used a decoupage sheet from La Pashe's "Christmas with the Wrinklies" CD. Those bell ringers have jumped the gun a little bit - just look at the clock, it's still five minutes to midnight! It's tiny details like that that make me love the La Pashe designs so much!

I wanted to use a tartan backing paper but none of the ones I had on CD were as good a match for the colours in the image as this one from the DCWV "Stack 9" 12 x 12 pad, which must be the most useful paper stack I have ever owned! I've made a simple easel card and to give the stopper plenty height, I attached it with a double layer of foam pads.



8 comments:

mumjd said...

That looks a fun card. Enjoy your family break

Wynn said...

Great card Jane. I hope you're enjoying Christmas in France with your family. Wynn DT

Christi Conley said...

Wow! Did you fussy cut all of that!?! I am in awe, as usual ~ Christi XO

sue-b said...

Fab card Jane, I hope you enjoy ringing in the new year with all your family, Happy new year to you all xx

Carol said...

Great card as always Jane. I hope you are having a fun time in France. I expect you are still there. A Happy New Year to you and your family.
Carol xx
CD DT

Jocelyn said...

Hope you are enjoying your time in France. Great card for ringing in the New Year. I love the image you have chosen.
Happy New Year!
Jocelyn x

shaz earl said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, great card i love the backing papers and a super image
Shaz x

shaz earl said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, great card i love the backing papers and a super image
Shaz x