Saturday 29 February 2020

Big die - little snippets

This week I was the very lucky winner of a bundle of Craftascope stamps, dies and stencils from Paper Crafter magazine  on Instagram. I've been away for most of the week so I've only just had chance to play with them.

For my first make I used the Rose Leaves stencil and the Cathedral Rose Striplet die.


For the background, I used Versamark ink to stencil the rose leaves and left it to "cure" so the leaves showed up in a darker shade of the green cardstock.

I cut the rose panel and frame from black textured card, then removed the rose from the frame and cut the framed panel only in white.

Next I used snippets of green and pink card to die cut the rose petals and leaves. As you can see, it is a huge die and my snippets were quite small so I used repositionable tape  to position the pieces of card over just the areas I needed to cut.

I stuck the black die cut over the white panel then used Tacky Glue on a cocktail stick to inlay the pink flower petals and leaves. I did it this way instead of using double sided adhesive sheet because I wanted to leave the white areas free of inlays and I thought using Stick-It sheet on the snippets might get a bit fiddly when I was trying to peel the backs off the tiniest bits. Some of those rose thorns are only about a millimetre across! I kept an almost-dry baby wipe to hand to dab away any of the glue that seeped out at the edges.

Once it was all inlaid and completely dry, I put the whole panel between two sheets of clean white paper (to protect both the panel and the plates) and ran it through my Grand Calibur using the normal cutting plates to give it a smooth finish, before mounting it onto my card.

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #372 

Just Us Girls - Inlay Die Cuts



5 comments:

Di said...

I'll pop back to comment properly Jane but wanted to let you know that I've got comment moderation turned on at the moment - which is how you thought your comment had disappeared. Whilst it's very useful to keep on top of comments and not miss any that might be on older posts, it has caught a few people out! xx

Crafting Queen said...

Congratulations on your win, love your card.

Di said...

What a lovely card Jane! I totally understand why you approached the inlaying as you did - clever sausage. Wonderful die and the colours all work so well together too.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Congratulations on your win. You've made a lovely snippets card with your prize.

If you need a bit of a pick-me-up after all that hard work, drop by the Playground Treehouse for a little treat! Xxx

Nancy said...

I am so glad it was that simple for you Jane, it's like you had mental telepathy! LOL You couldn't have picked a better die cut for this challenge. This card reminds me of Beauty and the Beast! Love the way you framed it in too! So glad you joined us at Just Us GIrls.