Thursday 6 February 2020

Is it a fruit or is it a veg?

I'm sure we've all heard the saying "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad". But then the same could be said about many of the plants we treat as vegetables; in terms of meal planning, an aubergine, a pepper or a tomato all count as vegetables. 


These juicy tomatoes are stamped with a stamp set from the Sheena Douglass Kitchen Garden range and coloured with Promarkers. If you think the colour of the inside looks a bit odd, it's actually EXACTLY like the inside of the out-of-season supermarket tomato I had sliced open beside me to copy. If it had been a warm summer day and I had a home grown, sun ripened one posing for me I'm sure the result would have been much redder.

I am sharing this with
Alphabet Challenge - V is for Vegetables 

Creative with stamps - Red


Country View Challenges - Splashes, Spatters and drips 

Pearly Sparkles - Include some red 

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Perfect. Looks very Real. I have some cherry tomatoes in the fridge which
I shall have with my cheese quiche for lunch. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

These look so real Jane fabulous colouring thank you for joining in at The Alphabet Challenge

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love your colouring.

Lynda said...

Great bunch of tomatoes Jane - love the colours. As you say - is a fruit, is it a veg? Personally - add it to a salad but not a fruit salad as you say. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

Dawn Phillips said...

Did you know that there is a professional way to cut a tomato. It's supposed to stop the seeds falling out. Trouble is I can't remember which way. Well, it's over thirty years since I went to catering college. I'm full of rubbish facts like that. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Jane, I love a good pun, and your tomatoes look so realistic. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week, Sue x

Rika said...

Stunning Card!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and tomatoes stamp -brilliant sentiment too-my hubby grows tomatoes and this card would be perfect
Carol x

Sari / Granne said...

Love the tomatoes and the perfect sentiment.

Teresa said...

Thank you for joining our Splatters, Splashes, and Drips challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT xx

Evelyn Walter said...

This is beautiful!
Thank you for playing with our February challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Evelyn xx