Monday 10 February 2020

Mistletoe and Wine

Grrrr, that song, it's one we all say we hate, isn't it? Yet when it's playing in the shops in the run up to Christmas (so that's mid September onwards  in some shops) we always end up humming along. Or is that just me?

Anyway, it was obviously the inspiration for one of the sentiments in this gorgeous set of Clearly Besotted "Drink and be Merry" stamps that I won in the Playground. I promised Di that they would make their first appearance on a Snippets card and here they are.....


I used a very old Cuttlebug die - I think it actually came with my very first die cutting machine - to cut the squares from snippets of a set of Christmas papers that came with a craft magazine a few years ago.

Then I stamped the  ultra-cute drinks on to heavy duty watercolour paper and used watercolour pencils and my finest water brush to colour them. I fussy cut them - yes, even the hole in the wreath (well, actually I cheated a bit and used the Cropadile to cut that one)  and then attached them to the squares with 3-D adhesive.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Cute/atg

Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge 371 

Christmas Kickstart - Red  (hope there's enough red on this - I just HAD to share it here as I know it will make Jo laugh!)

Fezziwig's Festive Frolics - Sing alonga Santa 

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fabbylicious card and super images Jane

Kathyk

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, I'm laughing, Jane! Love your card and I see red (in a good way) so don't worry. Thanks so much for playing at Christmas Kickstart, I know samantha will love your card too, Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ooos I must be in the minority, I love Mistletoe and Wine!! Mind you I never had any choice when it came out as my Mum is a HUGE Cliff fan so it was on all the time!! Love the card and the differnt drinkys!! Thanks for sharing with me on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics this fortnight, Hazel xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Thanks for that Jane. Now I am singing it! Pretty card though. Love Dawn x

Lindsey said...

Before I get to your card - there's a challenge named after Fezziwig? I am SO THERE!!!!
These are fabulously coloured drinks, a fun design, and an awesome sentiment! (But I don't think I've ever heard the song, and I refuse to listen to it now. :D)

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the stamps(congrats on your win) and they look perfect on your snippets
Carol x

Sarn said...

Brilliant use of snippets and your Playground prize win.

Sarn x

Di said...

What a great card Jane! Love how you used your Playground prize with those cute little snippetty squares. And the fussy cutting, crumbs. I don't think this stamp set ever had a set of matching dies - yet so many other CB ones do. Lovely card!

Hugs

Di xx

sweet art designs said...

I thought I had posted a comment the other day, but don't see it, so I am posting again. I love the card. It is fun and makes me thirsty. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT