Sunday 23 February 2020

Vintage bicycle and butterflies

At the recent Farnborough Create It! Show it was clear that stamping platforms have really transformed stamping, especially as they have given us the ability to  take the card out of the platform and reposition it later in exactly the same spot. I watched several demos that took advantage of this and have used one of the ideas in this card. 


I cut a panel of heavyweight watercolour card to fit my base card and used distress ink to stamp this Woodware collage stamp in the centre. Leaving the stamp in place on the platform, I removed the panel from it and blended ink around the edge, then spritzed the whole thing with water, allowing the ink on the image to blur and spread slightly. I dried it off with the heat gun then repositioned it in the platform and stamped the image again directly over the now-blurred original, this time using Memento ink (although I'd have used Versafine if I'd had the right colour). I also stamped the sentiment - I'd left that until now as I wanted that to be clear rather than have blurred edges. 

Next I wrapped the side with twine - it was turquoise and white but I wanted teal so I ran it several times over the surface of an inkpad. I attached the panel to the card using red tape as after all that water it tends to want to buckle. 

The twine was arranged to bunch together near the top, and where it bunched I finished it with a metal filigree butterfly, then for balance added some teal gems to the opposite corner. 

I am sharing this with The Butterfly Challenge where I have used the options Teal and Twine. 

5 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is stunning, what agreat card, I love it. I have just ordered a stamping platform, Cant wait to play! Hazelxx

Mrs A. said...

Can quite see why you wanted to get straight on with using the ideas picked up from the show. This is gorgeous. I think the stamping platform was the best ever crafting gadget invented. Wouldn’t be without mine. I love the design and the pop of colour with the twine. Never thought of changing the colour of it that way either. Great idea. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous vintage card and love the stamps and distressing
Carol x

MagsB said...

Oh my goodness, Jane, what a fabulous card! I love the sophisticated shades of brown and sepia. So vintage!

love Mags B x

Liz said...

Beautiful vintage style card, Jane. Glad you came away from the show with inspiration to try new techniques. xx