Wednesday 19 February 2020

Winter warmers

I'm loving the Clearly Besotted "Drink and be merry" stamp set that I won in the Playground - here's the second of many airings for it, this time featuring the cocoa mug images.


I chose the "eat, DRINK and be merry" sentiment because a well-laden mug of festive cocoa, with all the cream and marshmallows and sprinkles and edible stirrer is more of a meal than a drink. I used Versamark ink to stamp them randomly over the red card background  then trimmed it with fancy scissors and matted it onto green. Then I stamped the three mug images and sentiment and coloured them with Promarkers and matted the panel to match the background layers.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes/use some green

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Cocoa


Passion for Promarkers - Use 3 of something 

Jingle Belles - use a lot of red 

and a second visit to Christmas Kickstart where the theme is also red, because I've used a lot more than I did on my first entry (same set of stamps though!)

11 comments:

Kathyk said...

Delightful (and tasty) make there missus! Love that you used a similar colour to the background to ink up your "patterned" paper!

Kathyk

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super and I see why you love these stamps, they are ace, Hazelx

Nat said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in at PFP
Natx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, could do with a nice hot chocolate right now.

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant. I love the subtle stamped background. Love Dawn x

Elaine Stark said...

A yummy card. Looks delicious. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

SmilynStef said...

How cute are those little mugs ... so very glad you shared your RED with us at Jingle Belles.

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card, Jane! Love all the red and that repeat stamping. I'm loving Clearly Besotted stamps these days - good prices and nice, clear results too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

flossbite said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck!

Rosmarie said...

Such a beautiful and heartwarming card! I love these cute little mugs and their subtle repeat in the background. Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT this week. Rosi x

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! the beverages are so cute and you've made those small stamps into such a fabulous card... hand stamped tone-on-tone background paper really takes it to the next level! so pleased you were "better off red" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥