Saturday 19 June 2021

Guest Designer at Christmas Card Throwdown

 


I was delighted to be chosen as the May technique challenge winner at Christmas Card Throwdown  and be invited to be this week's guest designer. It's a theme challenge this week, with the theme of Gnomes. 

I don't have any specifically Christmassy gnome related stash, but it's easy to make any gnome look festive when you team him with the right colours and papers, especially as this cute gnome from Pink & Main's "Hey Gnomie" stamp and die set comes with a couple of fir trees. 


I coloured the images using Promarkers. The frame and the grey snowflake backing paper were a lucky bargain find in Poundland - always worth checking their craft aisle, as I suspect many of the items are repackaged discontinued docrafts items and I've often been able to restock favourites that are no longer available at full price. 

The sentiment is a woven fabric one that I've had for years. I've never used it because I felt the white stitching looked too grey. But with so much grey on the card, it worked perfectly.... well, until i took the photo. Now it looks too PINK! 

I'm looking forward to seeing all your gnomie creations over on the challenge blog. 

I am sharing this with 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Christmas 





4 comments:

Liz said...

Super Christmas card Jane, the little Santa gnome is so cute. The patterned paper makes a perfect background and it’s always good to get a crafty bargain. xx

Fabiola said...

c'est trop mignon Jane, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

AndrejaM said...

Love your card, you used beautiful papers and the gnome is so cute! Thanks for playung at 52CCT

Andreja said...

What a lovely festive card you made! I like your Gnome :-))
Thanky for beeing our GDT this week.