Monday 28 June 2021

Moonlit owl

 This beautiful owl stamp from Crafty Individuals was a freebie with Creative Stamping magazine a few months ago. 


A stamp as lovely as that deserves a special background, so I made a night sky background (obviously this owl lives somewhere there's no light pollution!).  First I blended distress inks in pinks and purples over the card. When that was fully dry, I added a layer of various shades of blue. Next I blended black ink over the whole thing, spritzed it with water and blotted it. Finally I spattered diluted white gesso over the whole thing. I die cut a moon and stamped the sentiment on it, then coloured the owl with Promarkers, fussy cut it and added it with 3-D adhesive. 

I'm sharing this with Just Us Girls where it is a photo inspiration week. 



3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your owl is perfect with the awesome night sky! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Liz said...

Great background for your beautiful owl, Jane. xx

Ina G said...

Fabulous background showing off that beautiful colourful owl. Love the splatters. Thanks for sharing hin with us this week at JUGS Jane.