Monday 7 June 2021

The Flute Player

 In a few days' time it will be my oldest granddaughter's 12th birthday. And only a few days after that, she is taking part in a music competition, playing the flute which she loves. So I wanted to make her a card with a musical theme and, as she's turned into a lovely young lady over the last year or so, make a more grown-up card than I've made for her before. 


I found the perfect digi at Digi Doodles - it is called Sweet Melody and it even looks a bit like my granddaughter. I coloured it with pencils and cut it with a circular die, adding layers of plain and scalloped circles  in white, blue and kraft. 

For the background, I used pale blue card stamped randomly with musical notation, using Versamark ink. Next came layers of stencilled, embossed, stamped and real music paper and a die cut stave. The matted image topped all these then I added die cut leaves and fabric flowers for a finishing touch.  

I am sharing this with 

Fab'n'Funky - Go Girly 

CD Sunday Plus - Anything Goes 

We love Chocolate Baroque - hand coloured (or paper pieced) image

Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes 





9 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful card for your granddaughter- pretty image and fabulous design- the music theme is lovely . Thank you for playing along at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Carol said...

Hi Jane. I hope your granddaughter does well in her competition. I am sure she will be thrilled with her grown-up card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

brenda said...

So beautifully crafted for your Granddaughter Jane, thanks so much for joining in with our 'coloured or paper pieced' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

Hope the competition goes well, my eldest daughter always wanted to play the flute but here fingers were too short so she ended up with the Cornet.

B x

Seafield Jo said...

Oh wow! What a great card, I love all the layers. I'm sure she'll love her card, I do!

I hope she does well. Both my daughter's learnt the flute. I was sorry when they stopped playing.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

HilaryJane said...

I love all the detail and dimension on this card and your image is beautifully coloured. Your granddaughter will feel very special receiving this card. Thanks for taking the time to join us at we love Chocolate Baroque this month xx

Kathleen said...

A really sweet image in lovely subtle colours with some super papers and dies. Thank you for joining our 'Hand Coloured or Paper Pieced image challenger at We Love Chocolate Baroque

Kath x

Pamela said...

I love all the musical related layers Jane and I really like the music notes die cut.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love the layers and music sheet, I hope she does well in her competition
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Jocelyn said...

That is really lovely, great layout. The main image is just perfect. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT