Sunday 27 June 2021

Stay calm....

 and just.... 



The latest challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is Watercolour. For this card, I stamped the buddha image on watercolour paper using Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. It takes a LOT of impressions to stamp on rough paper with distress ink, don't even think of doing it if you don't use a stamping platform! 

Then I coloured it in by using a water brush to draw the stamped lines out into the coloured areas of the robe, headdress and features. 

Next I roughly painted in the background using a diluted Rose Gold metallic watercolour paint,  then placed a sunburst stencil over it and sponged distress inks over, avoiding the image. I used Tea Dye out towards the edges and Walnut Stain nearer to the middle. Finally I rubbed gold finger wax around the edge of the paper. 

The sentiment is created with a Dymo label maker. 

And finally, here's Edna, looking like something out of Monet's garden 



3 comments:

Helen said...

Oh my gosh Jane,, I so NEED this in my life right now! LOL! LOVE the card!!! And the sun rays behind... perfect! ((HUGS)) Helen

JulieP said...

This is awesome!!! Love all of the texture in the background. Thanks for playing!

Donna said...

Yep - what Helen said - I need this in my life....let that shite go!
Very nicely done sistah :)
Thanks for watercolouring with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!