Wednesday 28 July 2021

At the edge of the cornfield

 I love that strip along the edges of fields of ripening corn, where poppies and cornflowers often grow. The gold of the corn, red of the poppies, blue cornflowers, white daisies and cow parsley and green grasses all look so lovely together. So when I realised the flowers on this old Kanban stamp could be cornflowers (they could equally well be pinks, that's artistic license for you!) I decided that would be my colour scheme. 


I stamped the image on lightweight watercolour paper - I prefer a heavier one for painting on but the surface of the heavyweight paper I currently have really HATES being stamped on - then coloured it with watercolour pencils. 

I added a poppy die cut, using the dies from the new Indigo Blu magazine kit, and a sentiment stamped in an Art Deco style font. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts challenge - Feminine/for a lady 

Stamping Sensations - For a lady 




9 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is so beautiful! Take care xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the image. Anesha

brenda said...

The headlands do look amazing at this time of year don't they Jane and it's lovely walking the dogs or riding the horses at this time of year in particular.

So I can well understand the inspiration for this card which is lovely, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Jane. I was worried I might find a picture of Theresa May skipping through a field of wheat when I saw the title, Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card the image, background and colours are gorgeous a wonderful, chic make thank you for joining us at ALLSORTS
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

A beautiful, stylish card Jane. xx

Linby said...

Combining two of my loves - art deco fashion and poppies - a fabulous make.
Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Wendy L said...

Very classy card, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Thank you for joining Stamping sensations challenge. Anesha x