Tuesday 13 July 2021

CAS Poinsettia

 This is one of the quickest cards I've ever made, I must bear it in mind if I need to do some last minute "batch baking". 


The stamps are from a Creative Stamping set from a couple of years ago. I always seem to use them the same way, colouring them boldly with markers, and wanted to try something different, so I worked out where I wanted the poinsettia flower to lie then blended red ink in the area (using the Misti helped a lot with positioning). Then I stamped the image over it using Versafine Clair ink and added the sentiment. 

I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Christmas  


Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes/use some red 

Less is More - Christmas in July 


CAS Christmas - Poinsettia 


Taylormade Cards 4U - Holidays in July 


8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and very pretty Jane! Always fun to try something new with an older stamp set!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! :0)

Martina said...

Fast card, but beautiful. Really beautiful, Jane. Thank you for sharing with us the Craftyhazelnut´'s Christmas Challenge. We hope you will join us for the next challenges. Martina - DT

Furrbster said...

This is fantastic!

Hugz Tinz

Linda said...

Lovely card with your touch of red. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Kathyk said...

Smashing make, perfect for a batch make

Kathyk

Christine Alexander said...

Great way to make QCAS card, love that pop of red over the poinsettia :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

Wonderful design Jane. I love how you've brough focus to the poinsettia with your sponging. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Neets B said...

Loving the selective colouring with your ink blending, such a great idea for CAS cards and linear images. I have this freebie stamp set too, it's a really handy one for sure. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x