Sunday 11 July 2021

Let it Snow

 There's a positive plethora of Christmas challenges about at the moment so I'm going to need to up my festive cardmaking game. And this card is perfect for a speedy make. 


The entire card front is made with a single embossing folder. I have to admit I wimped out and made it with separate card then stuck it to the front of my card blank just to make sure it was accurately positioned (that's called learning from previous mistakes). Before embossing it, I swiped purple ink all over the flat surface of the folder. After embossing, I dabbed gold wax over the lettering and, once trimmed to size, smeared a little of the gold wax around the edge of the card. I also added clear sparkly Stickles to the snowflakes and stars but the sparkle doesn't show up at all, probably because it's such a gloomy day that there's no sunshine to glint off it. 

I am sharing this with 

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - deep purple, gold and white


Sparkles Christmas - More than one snowflake

Litte Red Wagon - mid-way to Christmas

Let's Squash It - Shimmer and Shine 


Shopping Our Stash - Christmas in July 




10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous purple, Jane - love the shimmery snowflakes and the gold waxed sentiment!!

Heather said...

Wow, that is some fancy embossing! Love all the extras you added - the dimension really pops! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Chrissy said...

FABulous Christmas card and awesome technique..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx


Billie A said...

Wonderful card and so glad you shared over at Sparkles Christmas challenge.

Andreja said...

What a beutiful card you made! I like how you take our colours :-))
I am happy that you are with us at 52CCT this time.

Tina Z. said...

such beautiful colours and design, I love it.
Thank you for playing with us at Let's Squash It! where I am a Guest Designer.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very pretty shade of purple, and a great way to use that embossing folder. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, such a gorgeous Christmas card and great use of the color scheme!! I love the fabulous background you created!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Dawn Phillips said...

Your card certainly does look snowy. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

ionabunny said...

This is one of my favourite Christmas folders and you have made it look so pretty. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz