Saturday 3 July 2021

Ship's Wheel

 When I was a little girl, we sometimes visited my father's cousin who was married to a retired sailor. Their house was called "Hove To" and was crammed with nautical memorabilia - even the window on the stairwell had been made to look like a porthole. I loved wandering through the rooms and inspecting all the bits and pieces - it was like a private museum. And my favourite piece was the ship's wheel - I felt as if I could sail the house away with me at the helm! 


I've used layering stamps for the ship's wheel and anchor, and a sentiment from the same set. The patterned paper is from the First Edition "Bon Voyage" pad - the striped pattern is the reverse of the ship pattern. I've added lots of layers and some candi. 

I am sharing this with 

Inkspirational - Maritime 



A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes 

Colour Hues - Red and Blue 










6 comments:

Liz said...

Super nautical themed card Jane. What a lovely memory you shared of you childhood. xx

Kristie Goulet said...

This is an amazing nautical card! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, great design. Hugs Anesha

Julie B said...

What a lovely memory Jane, funny how they are sparked off sometimes. A super maritime themed card, thanks for joining at Color Hues too. :)

Pia S said...

From your description that house sounds amazing! Your creation is ultra nautical and masculine, love it, great job. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Inkspirational.

Hannelie said...

A beautiful nautical themed card!
Thank you for playing at Color Hues!