Tuesday 13 July 2021

X is for X-Posed

 The latest challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is X is for X-posed. As soon  as I saw the theme, I knew which stamp I was going to use. Then I scrolled down to enjoy the Sistahs' creations - and say that two of them had already used the same stamp. And I'd used it for an SOSS challenge only a few weeks ago too, so that pretty much ruled it out. 

So I thought of another sense of X-posed - photography. And remembered that somewhere I had most of a page of blank film cell images I'd printed out years ago from an Ooh La la CD. While rummaging among my snippets for it, I found a part sheet of saucy retro images I'd printed from a digi I won many years ago. And as luck would have it, the images fitted the space in the film cells perfectly. 


Better still, this lady is exposing rather more stocking top than is considered decent. And her little puppy is trying to encourage her to show even more. I made an inky background to mimic the background on the image, then edged the card in dark blue to match her dress. The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz Snarky Sentiments pad and it's slightly weirdly positioned because there was some wording on the image that I wanted to cover up. Which meant there was a space at the top where I would have preferred the sentiment to be, so I did what I so often do when there's a problem - stuck a butterfly on it (that could be a pretty good metaphor for life, really). At least with butterflies on the image too, it isn't totally irrelevant. 

Edna's looking pretty X-Posed too! 



9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Such a fun make

Kathyk

Helen said...

Absolutely amazing Jane! LOVE that lady and the filmstrip! Fantastic card! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL love it! xoxo

Barbara Godden said...

What a fun card, great image and fab. design as well and as a very true sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the xposed challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Ha, ha, ha! Another brilliant make, Jane, Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card. Very funny. Anesha

Craftychris said...

This is fabulous and such good fun too! You chose the perfect sentiment! Take care xxx

Lindsey said...

Love this! Perfect image, gorgeous background, and an appropriately snarky sentiment. Well done!

JulieP said...

Double exposure!!!!! :-) This is just perfect! Thanks for playing along.