Thursday 8 July 2021

Golden roses

 I was flicking through a magazine the other day and saw a card made with this  vase of roses stamp and realised it is FAR too long since I used it. So I had to put that right. 



I actually used two sets here, both of which I won in the Playground a while ago. I created an inky background by blending the three shades of green ink from an Altenew quad pack (the fourth "colour" in the pack was black) then used the darkest of the greens to randomly stamp the Mackintosh style rose from the sentiment set all over the background. 

Then I stamped the vase of roses and sentiment and heat embossed them in gold on dark green card. I fussy cut the vase of roses, cutting not-too-close to the edge so as not to crack the embossing and using a craft knife  for the internal bit, then attached it to the card with Pinflair glue to raise it slightly from the background. 

I am sharing this with 

Alphabet Challenge - Green and/or gold 

Cardz 4 Galz - get inky 

We Love Chocolate Baroque - Beautiful Blooms 

Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes 




7 comments:

brenda said...

What striking colours using the Mackintosh inspired image Jane, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque July challenge.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Really striking card, love the colours. Thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. Anesha

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cazro said...

Hi Jane, hope all is well with you. I love the Charles Mackintosh designs. A wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz in our 'Get Inky' challenge. Caz. DT.

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m

Lynda said...

A great inky background for our challenge and loving the gold embossing with the green. Thank you for getting inky with us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Beverley said...

Fabulous card, I love the Mackintosh inspired image with the gold embossing. Thanks for joining in our July 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x