Wednesday 22 August 2018

An aperture card at Back to Basics

We've reached our 8th challenge at Back to Basics and this time we'd like you to make an aperture card.

Nowadays I usually die cut my apertures, but I still have just a few tri-fold ready made aperture cards left over from my cross-stitching days. These  had an extra panel to fold over the back of the cross stitch panel, hiding the back of the work, but are also ideal when you want to sandwich something between the back and front.


The card came pre-printed with autumn leaves and berries, which are perfect for with the stamps in the current issue of Creative Stamping. I stamped and coloured the squirrel and attached him to the inside of the third flap, and added a die cut archway of trees to the back of the aperture, then sealed everything together with foam pads to add depth to the card.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything with a creature  

12 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jane. I've been sorting my craftroom and have just found a stack of these aperture cards, I might just have to find something to do with them now.

Sue xx

meg said...

Brilliant Jane , love the squirrel, great that you had a decorated aperture card that was perfect for him.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, the frame is perfect with your image.

Lisa Bird said...

This is a stunning design Jane
Best Wishes
Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Diane said...

I loved this card the minute I saw it...stunning work!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I love this card, how sweet is the wee squirrel!! Hazelx

NanaConnie said...

I adore aperture cards, Jane, and this one is fantastic! Incredible job coloring that squirrel. Love the framing on the card front. OK, time for me to put on a DT hat - Thanks so much for joining us in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Joy Wilson said...

Your attention to detail is wonderful! I love the framed image with the stamping around it. Great card! Thanks for joining us and good luck!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how the squirrel is framed so cute on this card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your squirrel he is really beautiful and your card is a fabulous design

Marsha Reed said...

Adorable card, Jane! Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge. Marsha DT

Julie B said...

Great use of your trifold Jane. Must admit I have a few of those left too but cut most of them up for the coloured card!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)