Thursday 30 August 2018

Clarice's Cottage

I love the Woodware set of Clarice Cliff style stamps designed by Francoise Read - especially as I adore Clarice Cliff's own work. When I use the stamps, I tend to always stamp and emboss them in black and colour them in bold primary colours, but a birthday card from my daughter this year reminded me that Cliff worked with lots of other colour schemes, so here I have picked up some ideas from the card, using gold for the stamping and embossing, a blue/purple/orange/green colour scheme and a broad black border.
 
 

It's great to look at your stamps in a different way sometimes, isn't it?

I am sharing this with Use Your Stuff - Use lots of colour

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely striking card.

missgailly said...

Cool card. Love the gold. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Dawn Phillips said...

This is very me. I love it. Love Dawn x