Wednesday 15 August 2018

From the East

I'm glad we are starting to see some Oriental designs returning to the craft scene, as for me they will never go out of style.

Because it's been out of favour for so long, a lot of my Oriental stash is very, very old, like this beautiful kimono stamp that I bought on a holiday to the USA back in 1995. It was made by a company called Design in Squares - I've just searched online for them but they don't seem to be around any more. I loved Chinatown in San Francisco so when I found a craft shop not far away this seemed like a perfect souvenir.


All the papers I have used on this card are intended to be origami papers. That means they are very thin and light, and black heat embossing seems to really stand out crisply on them. The parasol border stamp is an unmounted one that was a gift from a friend many years ago. The flower and character stickers are from an old QVC set.

I am sharing this with

Make My Monday - Oriental 
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Liz said...

A beautiful Oriental style card, Jane, super stamp. We stayed in a hotel in the middle of Chinatown in San Francisco many years ago. A fabulous, bustling place to explore at night. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beauitful card and kimono stamp-great little parasol border
Carol x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Jane.

Sue xx

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card - the embossing really does have an extra 'wow' factor! Love that kimono stamp, Jo x

Evelyn said...

This is stunning!

Evelyn

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Make my Monday. Emmax

Sue - said...

I’m so glad you joined in with us this time! That is a great stamp and the papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.