Thursday 9 August 2018

Spots of Snippets

When I saw the sketch for this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge

 
I thought immediately that it would be a great way of using snippets.


When you use a pad as often as I do the Tonic Studios Winter Wonderland one, you do end up with a lot of co-ordinating snippets, so I grabbed a handful of circle dies and a bundle of snippets and set to work. I gave the circles an appliqué look by doodling in faux stitching around them and framed the whole thing by ruling lines to fill the corners.

I am sharing this with
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - sketch
and of course, with all those snippets, Pixie's Snippets Playground.
And thanks to Liz's reminder, I'm heading back to The Crafty Calendar with a second entry that couldn't be more different from my first one!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Jane. What a great way to use snippets and I love all the doodling. Your card would be perfect for the current Crafty Calendar Challenge. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic way to use up all of the left over pieces Jane, they make a super card.

Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Works brilliantly! Jo x

NanaConnie said...

What a clever idea, Jane! I'm definitely going to have to copy this idea. Thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Fabiola said...

quelle jolie carte Jane, charmante avec ce papier vintage mais si moderne avec ce sketch, merci de joue avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Lucinda said...

A great way of using up your scraps, they do coordinate beautifully. The faux stitching works so well, and the lines at the edge are so elegant! Thanks for joining in with the 52CCT.

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing with us Jane at Crafty Calendar Challenge love the design! hugs Sue x

AlisonC said...

The doodling is the perfect finishing touch. I thought you'd used stamps or dies. Brilliant use of paper snippets. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Di said...

What a brilliant snippets card Jane - just perfect! And wonderful doodling there as well.

Hugs

Di xx