Wednesday 29 August 2018

Beethoven's Violin Concerto

My all-time favourite piece of music is Beethoven's Violin Concerto, it even inspired me to have violin lessons in my teens (although I scarcely progressed beyond "The Grand Old Duke of York").

So you will understand why I absolutely HAD to have this rubberstamp when I saw it on one of the TV shopping channels many years ago.


I can't remember the brand - I've just been doing a Google search but have failed to find it, so presumably it's long ago gone out of production. A great pity as I'd love to know if there was an equivalent one featuring Mozart!

I stamped it twice, once in grey then again in black, and die cut elements from the black image to emphasize Beethoven himself and the violin. The sentiment is stamped using the same stamp set and the background paper printed out from an old CD, The best of La Pashe 2012.

I am sharing this with
Allsorts Challenge - Music 
Retro Rubber - RRCB94 Anything Goes

10 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is perfect for my challenge at Allsorts, thanks for joining us, xxxx

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane, very classy. xx

Kathleen said...

Lovely images and a great layout, super in black and white. Thank you for joining our 'Music' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Jan Clothier said...

I love a music themed card and I've not seen this stamp before. It's great! I like the way you've stamped it in two colours so that you could highlight the important parts. Recycling the background paper = fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

brenda said...

What a wonderful creation Jane and it's absolutely perfect for out 'Music' theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for making such a specail card to join us.

B x

Debbie Mageed said...

This is a wonderful card for musicians or just music-lovers (like me)! Love the colors you chose and that sentiment is great. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you can join us again very soon.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! What a masterpiece!! Awesome way to use this background and images! Thanks for using your AYSI sketch this week!

Neva Cole said...

Ah what a wonderful card and story! I would enjoy owning a similar set as I have a few music lovers in my family! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for AG!

creative lady said...

Wow, beautiful card, love all the elements. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Joan said...

Fabulous card Jane. I bought that set of stamps from a company called Butterfly Kisses many years ago, I think Hobby Art stamps took over their range. I do love to see old stamps being loved and used !

Joan