Friday 31 August 2018

Christmas Wreath

The new issue of Creative stamping landed on my doormat a few days ago and I really love the stamp set that came with it - I had to get crafting with them right away!


I decided the wreath was perfect to use on a circular card, so I used an old Marianne Creatables die to cut a square white card, making sure it overlapped the folded edge and also making sure the scalloped edge was positioned in such a way that the card would stand with the fold at the top. Then I cut and embossed the same die with green card and attached that over the card front.

The twiggy wreath from the stamp set is stamped onto white card and die cut to fill the centre of the circular card, and an Altenew sentiment stamped in the middle.

Then I stamped a selection of foliage, cones, spices and orange slices, coloured them with pencils and fussy cut them. Oh, my poor aching hands! I wish we could buy die sets to go with some of these covermount sets! I arranged them on the background and used Pinflair glue to attach and give them dimension.

I am sharing this with

Jingle Belles - Shaped cards
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your Mark
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas goes
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes
 

11 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Your wreath is stunning ... what a fun collection of elements ... so glad you *shaped-up* with us at Jingle Belles.

Kampin' Karen said...

Jane, your card is fantabulous! I need to find the Creative Stamping...can I get it at Barnes & Noble?

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning card, Jane! Love this! Jo x

Liz said...

Oh WOW, I love the design of this card, Jane. The circle shaped card is perfect for the wreath, great choice of colours too. xx

Sue Boniwell said...

Very nice.xx

Mrs A. said...

Love the items on your wreath.So unusual and yes it just cried out to be on a circle die cut. Perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

Tinstar said...

I love a non-traditional shape card. Lovely wreath. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Creative world said...

Beautiful card and design,great shape too...thank you for joining us at ATSM Make your Mark challenge this week
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Gail said...

Your circular card is so cool! The wreath is done perfectly and the colours sure do say "fall". Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful wreath, so clever to make a round card into a wreath, and a gorgeous one at that! a great addition to the "shape up" gallery at JINGLE BELLES!

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great Christmas card, Jane. I love how beautifully you've coloured all those wonderful stamped images. Thanks so much for joining our ATS&M Challenge this week.