Wednesday 15 August 2018

Garden at Sunrise

Morning! I'm just back from a lovely short break in Dorset, a birthday treat, and I need to start with a crafty confession - while we were there I went into a lovely, well-stocked craft shop….. and came out without buying a single thing! I must be a very bad craft shopper, because I seem to be completely incapable of buying on impulse. I get overwhelmed when there is so much amazing STUFF to choose from! I'm the same at a craft show - I love to go to the workshops and attend the demos, but I tend to come home with a pack of white card, a bargain bag of adhesives and a replacement black ink pad rather than lots of exciting new goodies.

Oh well, that's more money in the kitty for when one of you lovely crafters 'enables' me!

Which all explains why there is nothing new on this card.


This card is all one layer - I masked off the central square and blended inks for the background, then stamped the Crafty Individuals floral stamp over the space - I didn't quite line it up right so I added some grasses along the bottom to hide the gaps. After removing the mask, I outlined it with a black fineliner to make it look like a separate layer, then finished off with a stamped sentiment and some tiny highlights of white gel pen.

I an sharing this with
Shopping our stash - leaf it to me
Crafty Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
Flower Challenge - One Layer Card

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, wish I could stop craft shopping. lol

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, Jane! I'm having a 'no-buy' month... And it's going well as I have only bought some watercolour paper and a stencil! Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the background and silhouette stamps-I am on a craft drought at the moment self enforced-I have that much stuff to last me another two lifetimes!!!
Carol x

Sue - said...

Love your card Jane. Hope you enjoyed your birthday break. I’m just the same in a craft shop now, never really see anything that says “buy me”

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic card, ONE LAYER? awesome. great background. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for Leaf it to me.

Chana Malkah said...

This is gorgeous! The background is beautifully rendered and the framing is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Rachel Vass said...

Love your One Layer card, the ombré autumn colours are beautiful with the black stamping. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
Rachel DT member

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Great card! It is lovely! I wish I could be more like you! I just went to a scrapbooking convention and spent $1000!! Ugh! Oh well, I did have a fun time! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

Bobby said...

I love the glow in the middle of your inking, Jane, and drawing the frame really finishes off the panel beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.