Monday 20 August 2018

Playing with hexagons

The hexagon die I've used here is part of a bee-themed stamp and die set from Heartfelt Creations but I've been playing around with using them in non-bee-like ways.

For my first card, I cut each hexagon in half across the longest pat then rearranged them short sides together to form a background.


I covered the join with bright ribbon and finished with some Indian style kraft chipboard shapes.

I am sharing this with
The Alphabet Challenge - Kraft Card

My next card is very different - I cut the hexagon from three snippets of card, positioning a butterfly die in the middle of each before cutting.


I added a stamped sentiment and layered it using the very last scraps of card, then finished with the butterflies I'd cut from the hexagons.

I am sharing this with
Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #333
Just Us Girls - Light Green, Aqua and Pale Yellow


And finally, the two together


Which I am, of course, sharing at Twofers where this month's challenge is Geometric.



Oh BU&&ER, I've just realised both cards are birthday cards..... shhh…… don't tell anybody.... I'm sure nobody will notice! After all, they are obviously for different people's birthdays.
There, I think I got away with that, don't you?

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Fabulous creations Jane! Love those elephants and birthday ribbon! Thanks so much for playing in our Alphabet Challenge! Good Luck and please come back next month!

Darlene
Alphabet Challenge DT
ALPHABET CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Darnell said...

Very clever way to play around with your hexagon, Missy Jane! I can see the sweatshirt now, "Hexagons: Not your mother's beehive!" I appreciate that you showed us how to look at our schtuffs in new ways! And well done using your snippets for those beautiful butterflies and your pretty matted sediment! Love the summery colors! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Macimbalo said...

How awesome is your card! Love the hexagons and the butterflies - great use of this week's colors! Thanks for linking up at JUGS!

Loll said...

Very creative cards using the hexagon shapes, Jane. For your first card, using the hexagons cut in half is a great way to strech the use of them ... they look so totally different. And your second card is so sweet with the die-cut butterfly in the center of each. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you die cut the butterflies out of the hexagons and the placement of the butterflies! This is so pretty and so perfect for our Color Week challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Di said...

Oh how clever Jane - great idea to place butterfly apertures in the hexagons and then have the butterflies fluttering beside them. Great use of snippets of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Happy Dance said...

I saw an international (Indian) theme right away in your first card! How clever to use those hexies like that! Those elephants look amazing, too. And I'm always one for bright colors and butterflies. What a clever way to use both with your hexies on your second card. So fun! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev