Thursday 23 August 2018

Only a bird in a Krafty cage...

… not a gilded one!

I've made this card for The Library Challenge where the current book is "I know why the Caged Bird Sings". Not a book I've ever read, but being by Maya Angelou I'm guessing it isn't about birds or cages at all.  However I've just picked up the "caged bird" and "singing" elements of the title and worked with those.


The die cut birdcage is part of a wedding favour, I bought a pack from The Range and each one can be cut into 4 birdcages. I've added a sheet of music, also using kraft, in a Darice embossing folder. After embossing I lightly highlighted some of the music with deep red ink. All the other bits and pieces came from my snippets box.

5 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the bird cage die cut.

Marina said...

There's so much going on here , but it still looks elegant and charming. The cage is really pretty/ Thanks for joining The Library.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the lace,distressing and vintage effect
Carol x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane, love all the different textures. xx

Hayley said...

so pretty. Loving all the textures x