Tuesday 28 August 2018

Bugs at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we'd like to see BUGS on your work - that's bugs in the American sense of the word, including all kinds of insect and creepy-crawlies.

For my "bug" I chose a bee


This cute little chap is a very old unmounted stamp  that came in a grab bag when I very first started stamping more than 20 years ago. Goodness, I've used him a lot! I can't remember what the bag cost but it was worth every penny as many of my favourite stamps came in it. Today I've stamped and coloured him, using a touch of glitter on his wings and Glossy Accents for his specs, then fussy cut him and added him to a background stencilled with a Tim Holtz honeycomb stencil and stamped with a sentiment from the Clearly Besotted "Cute as a Bug" set.

6 comments:

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun card, love the image. Emma

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great fun card Jane, I love it.

Sue xx

Darnell said...

Great coloring and great stenciled background for your focus pocus, Jane! That bee's face, though ... it seems very human to me! Did you ever see the movie, "The Fly?!" Hugs, Darnell

Claire Toplis said...

Very sweet card I love all the detail.

Dotty Jo said...

This is great! I love Darnell's comment, Jo x

Dawn Phillips said...

I love this card. I really wish that stamp was still available. He's so much fun. Love Dawn x