Wednesday 1 August 2018

Snowman stickers

Yes, another Christmas card! I only seem to be able to focus on Christmas cards at the moment - maybe the recent hot weather has left me pining for the cooler day of winter?


For the background I stamped the Uniko snowflake background several times across the card. It has an angled edge, presumably to help tesselate it for all-over stamping, but I found the spaces left by the angled edge left a perfect place to stamp some fir trees. This single tree, stamped repeatedly, is an image from the very summery set of stamps that came with last month's Creative Stamping magazine. By stamping it in green and not colouring it in, it gives a good impression of a snow-laden tree. Finally I stamped the silhouette Santa in the sky. This stamp and the sentiment were gifts, which I think were surplus magazine freebies, so I don't know their origins.

The village scene is cut with an X-cut build-a-scene die, and how I WISH I  hadn't decided to inlay the windows, or had at least remembered to apply Stick-It to the yellow before cutting them!

Finally I added the two jolly snowmen, stickers from a sheet I bought in Lidl last year.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to stamps and More - Holiday
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Stickers

3 comments:

AlisonC said...

That summery tree is perfect for Christmas, I would never have known. Those snowmen do make a happy card. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Darwin Girl said...

I really love this one.

Marsha Reed said...

Love those little snowmen, Jane! Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge. Marsha DT