Saturday 25 August 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #117 A is for Apple

Edna's gone all William Tell on us for this fortnight's challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.


I think it's gone to her head! Anyway, the theme is A is for Apple. And these days the first thing that springs to mind when I hear the word "apple" isn't necessarily the fruit. Unlike these gentlemen:



Right, having had a pause  for entertainment (that sketch always makes me laugh out loud)  on with the card.


The background is a newsprint effect craft paper and I've added a newspaper column of my own, with the sentiment at the top circled in red in just the way my Dad used to do with items that merited closer scrutiny. I just fed a load of lorem ipsum text in to make up the bulk of the column, the headline is the only thing that matters.

The only apple stamp I have is a small one from a kiddies' stamp set, but it's the perfect size for creating a mock mobile phone without it looking so much like the well known brand that they could get snotty about trade mark infringement! And I coloured it red to match the circled headline.

Well that's just ONE way of interpreting our theme. Why not head on over to see what the other sistahs have created, and share your work with us too? You could be crowned Queen or Princess of Snark!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Totally brilliant - I love your card and the Blackberry sketch too, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the added video entertainment! LOL! Your card is perfectly snarky and punny! Love it!

Lindsey said...

Loved the Ronnie sketch - and yes, I can remember when there were two Ronnies! ;) And brilliant work on your card.

Donna said...

This is a super awesome interpretation of the challenge sistah!!!
Love love love love love it!!