Sunday 19 August 2018

Festive Robin

I'm a big fan of the blog and store called Hope and Chances where, among Christine Emberson's wonderful inspiration, there is also a chance to buy specially produced monthly charity kits, and this month's was extra special as it included a wonderful limited edition robin stencil by Tina Ashton. I'm afraid the kit is sold out, so it's too late to get your hands on it, but here is the card I made using this month's kit.

 
That robin stencil is adorable, I'm full of ideas for it and I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of it from now on. Today I've used it in a different way, with embossing paste.
 
 
Once the embossing was dry, I replaced the stencil over it and sponged the inks through. The paste picks up a lot of colour and gives a really bold, intense look. I used a script embossing folder to create a background and finished the card off with brads and sparkly borders.
 
I am sharing this with
52 Christmas card Throwdown - script
 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - No Stamp or Digi 
 
Just add ink - choose two  

8 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two stunning cards. The second one is so different but amazing!

Lucinda said...

Ooh, I do like your script embossing! The robin is lovely, and extra special if it's for charity! Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT.

GerJanne said...

Oh wow, this is so special! The Robin is stunning. Thanks for joining us at CHNC.
GerJanne

AlisonC said...

That certainly is a sweet stencil, I look forward to seeing your other ideas. You've already made two completely different cards. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Nikki Spencer said...

Effective use of the two embossing techniques Jane. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week over at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

What a wonderful idea - to emboss and then colour once dry. Thank you for sharing that - I will definitely try it. Lovely examples of different embossing. Chantell Just Add Ink

Fabiola said...

quelle adorable et charmante création Jane, poétique et si douce, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Andreja said...

Lovely card you made and I like the script embossing :-)) Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT.