Sunday 30 September 2018

Huge dragonfly

Right, the post-holiday laundry is done, the suitcases are stowed away in the loft and it's time to get my crafting hat back on. I'm trying to catch up with a few challenges, starting with a couple that close quite soon.

You probably know how much I love dragonflies so you won't be surprised that I treated myself to the dragonfly design of the new A4 stencil sheets from Crafters Companion. The dragonfly itself is far too big to use in full on a CAS card, so I offset it in the top corner of my card and used masking tape to cover up the rest of the stencil, stencilling with Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in Bright Copper.


The sentiment is stamped with a Paper Artsy stamp. I had been going to stamp it down towards the right hand corner, but it just seemed to sit naturally in that gap between the wings. However that left the card looking unbalanced, so I added a corner detail using some old matte black corner peel-offs (they must have been in my stash about 20 years!) which help the eye to move smoothly from top left to bottom right of the card.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes.
CAS on Friday - Copper, black and white

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Love all the sparkle. Really pretty! Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!