Saturday 1 September 2018

What a picture!

I'm always looking out for new ways to use the gorgeous Cityscapes stamps from Tim Holtz, and today I have converted them into "photos".


I printed out the blank photo slides from the Ooh La La CD "Teentastique" then masked off all but the central space and stamped parts of the Paris and Rome stamps in the space, then cut them out and stuck them on my card. I added a sentiment, and a camera stamped on beige card, both using stamps from a recent issue of Papercraft Essentials.

This card makes me think of my Dad, he was ever such a keen photographer and, when digital cameras first appeared, he got one "for snapshots" but insisted digital cameras would never be as good as film ones. He passed away 20 years ago, never having experienced the joy of the modern DSLR. He would have LOVED one!

I am sharing this with
Less is More - Black and white with one colour
The Male Room - photography and cameras
Inkspirational - Snap
Sweet Stampin - Keeping it neutral   

9 comments:

Shauna said...

Another fantastic card! I like your photo reel and the travel theme. Thanks again for joining up at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Kathyk said...

I LOVE this, I even have those stamps (fab aren't they?) - top job

Kathyk

Linby said...

This was nearly the way I went with my DT card for TMR! Love these stamps and you've used them to great effect. What a pity your Dad never got a DSLR but that this card can bring back memories of him for you.
Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE how you have put this together, the memories it invokes would resonate with a lot of people, me included. A Wonderful masculine card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Photography and Camera challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Izzy Scrap said...

Great masculine card ! Love how you framed the images with photo slides. Look like real pictures. Fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

Monika Skinner said...

Love the B&W with the retro camera. Great masculine card, perfect for our challenge theme. Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room. Good Luck!

Wei said...

Love how you've frame these scenes with photo sliders. Great interpretation of the challenge. Thanks for joining in the Photography & Cameras challenge at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Neets B said...

A really great masculine card, I'm really lacking in stamps like this. I lost my dad 13 years ago and often think how much things have moved on since, it's scary how fast things change!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Rocky said...

I love how you've used those great stamps to make the photographs, clever idea. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Male Room.