Wednesday 12 September 2018

More leaves

I've been having another play with the autumn-themed stamp set that came in a recent issue of Creative Stamping. The beautiful leaf stamps are really useful and perfect for the current challenge at Twofers.


and a closer look at each card:


The background is stamped all over with one of the leaf stamps then spritzed with mica powders in water, some copper and some green. It doesn't show on the photo but has given the whole thing a gentle pearlescent sheen.  The sentiment and hedgie are stamps from the same set. I coloured the hedgie in with pencils, using a blending stump on the ground beneath him.

I'm sharing this with Use Your Stuff - Animals


This time I used the same leaf stamp but stamped with green and heat-embossed with Verdigris powder. The background is embossed with a Darice folder and I've added a strip of mesh for texture. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

I'm sharing these cards with the Twofer Card Challenge which this month is leaves.

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love the embossed leaf and works great as a background too-not even had a good look at my set yet!!!
Carol x

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards, love the colours and textures.

Happy Dance said...

I'll admit I love fonts...maybe it's because my own handwriting isn't very good. I was drawn to this font right away; it's just delightful! And so are your cards. LOVE the Verdigris embossing powder over the green ink, too. That little hedgie is so perfect for your first card. Such a cutie. Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Darnell said...

That stamp is terrific and it's arrival is perfect timing for Twofer! Works for me! I love the two designs you have created, Jane! That hedgie makes a great get well card with the beautiful leaf background. And I love how you let the leaf stand alone in that lovely green shade, backed by lots of texture from the awesome e/f and mesh! Very organic and stunning!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9!! Hugs, Darnell

Tammy L said...

Really great cards and I love that you used the same stamp and created two different cards! I will admit though the hedgehog one is my fave - I really love the colors! Thanks for joining us at UYS this week and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I love the leaf stamp you used for them. And, the font on those sentiments are beautiful too!

Amanda said...

The background stamp work is stunning!Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Rahmat said...

2 fun cards, love the hedgehog one, Genius!