Tuesday 11 September 2018

Scribbled Christmas Tree

Yesterday I read a tip saying that if you tape watercolour paper down to your craft mat all around the edges before wetting it, and leave it to dry like that, it will come out perfectly flat. So I taped some down, got to work with the brushos and then left it overnight to dry.

It did NOT come out flat, not in the slightest. In fact I had to iron it between two sheets of kitchen roll before I could use it. So much for that tip! Anyway, here's what I used it for.



The Christmas tree stamp is an old "hand drawn" style one I've had for years, stamped and embossed in gold. The sentiment is stamped with gold delicate ink, which doesn't need to be embossed and is much better for fine detail.

I am sharing this with
CAS Watercolour - Tree


Just us Girls - hand drawn elements  ( I hope hand drawn by the stamp designer counts! You really don't want to see my hand drawing skills, or lack of them)

8 comments:

Sue - said...

I love this cas card Jane! I have a similar scribble tree which I’ve never had much success with, might have to try it again.

crafty-stamper said...

I read the first part of your post with interest till it came to the last part-so much for that tip then!!!But thank you for the tip about ironing it never thought of that one TBH.
Great CAS card love the embossed tree and fabulous background
Carol x

cm said...

How pretty your embossed tree surrounded by that glorious background! Perfect image for the JUGS Hand-drawn Elements challenge; I'm thrilled you shared this beauty in the gallery!
~carol

Bonnie said...

I've not found a way to keep my watercolor from warping either, Jane! I've never tried to iron it. Maybe next time. Love the colors of your background and that pink splotch toward the top with the dark blue at the bottom! A perfect place for this pretty tree to rest! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

LOVE that artsy scribble tree Jane! Looks beautiful embossed in gold over your brushos background. Wonderful mix of colours! It's tough to keep watercolour flat. :) I always find it's best to weight it down with books, etc. and leave it overnight ... usually turns out quite well. If I'm in a hurry, I try running it through my Big Shot and sometimes the pressure flattens it a bit. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Ros Crawford said...

Love that quirky tree and your BG is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful abstract card Jane...such a pretty bkg.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

Nancy said...

Yes Jane, Hand drawn elements from the stamp designer in fact does count....however I did chuckle at your post. Love your card and the tip about ironing the paper. Genius! Never would have thought to do that! So happy to have you in our gallery at Just Us Girls! Please play along soon!