Thursday 13 August 2020

Bowl of Roses

I'm sure you all know how much I love designs in the style of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, so I was thrilled to receive this lovely rose bowl stamp and sentiment set in the Playground recently.


I used the Misti to stamp the design several times in order to get a good bold image then added the sentiment and the border, which is stamped using a stamp from a recent issue of Creative Stamping. The stamp is just half the border, so I used the Misti for accurate positioning. The image is coloured with Promarkers. I considered covering the pot in Glossy Accents to give it a glazed effect but in this hot sticky weather my concentration levels are at rock bottom and I was pretty sure I would mess it up!

I am sharing this with

Passion for Promarkers - Flower Power 

Pearly Sparkles - Anything Goes

A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - Anything goes

NBUS - NBUS (these stamps are fresh-from-the-cellophane  new) 





11 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the image.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a gorgeous stamp and lovely colouring too. Many thanks for sharing your card with us at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck in the draw!
Lorraine DT

Mrs A. said...

This is lovely with the added borders down the side that are very much in keeping with the rest of the design.I won this set too from
Di as well.hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card love the main stamp(great colouring) and the border stamps are brilliant
Carol x

Elaine Stark said...

One of my favourite designers. I just love the MacIntosh style. I was so lucky to attend a course at the Glasgow Art School in my youth. A fabulous card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Dawn Phillips said...

I adore Macintosh too. This is stunning. Love Dawn x

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! A gorgeous image - not seen these before and what a great idea to stamp a few times to get that bold outline. Love how you've done the border as well - must try this technique! A really lovely card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Promarkers this week. Hugs, Karen x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a striking card, love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Jane. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Zoechaos said...

I find it hard to resist a bit of Mac so when I saw this at NBUS had to pop over for a proper look. Congratulations on your win which you have put to very good use here. x