Monday 24 August 2020

Coffee and flowers

This was one of those have-lots-of-fun-and-see-where-it-takes-you cards, although the colours and overall theme were inspired by this week's photo at Just Us Girls.


and here's the image that inspired it


I made the background by stencilling a woodgrain effect onto blue card,  then decorated it with half a doiley and some lace. 

I stamped the coffee cup on watercolour card using Walnut Stain distress ink then added colour by pulling out some of the colour from the stamping with a damp paintbrush. To make the leaves and flower centres a little darker I used the brush to pick up more ink from the pad. I added a little light blue from the pad too, for the band around the mug, but couldn't colour right up to the stamped lines as the ink would have bled. 

I would have liked to stamp the sentiment on the coffee grounds card that I've used many times over the years, but I think I've finally finished it (last time I said that, another sheet appeared the next day, so keep everything crossed for me that the same happens again!) so instead I stamped the sentiment in Distress Ink,  left it in the Misti while I sprayed it with water, let the colour run for a few moments then blotted it and left it to dry, still in the Misti. Then I stamped again, this time using Memento ink. That left me with a clearly stamped sentiment on a slightly coffee-steamy background. 

I finished off with flowers, pearls and gems. 

I am sharing with 

Just us Girls - Photo Inspiration 

Shopping Our Stash - Pile it on  

2 comments:

Maria said...

What fun layers and textures! I love that sentiment. Nicely done and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Sarn said...

LOVE this card Jane.

Hugs, Sarn
Stamping For Pleasure