Monday 17 August 2020

Grey Heron

One of my favourite birds is the heron - they look so graceful in flight and so patient when they are fishing. When we go to visit my Mum and have a trip to Pennington Flash near Leigh, I could spend hours in the hides there watching them. So I was delighted when I found that this beautiful stamp was part of the set that came with this month's Creative Stamping magazine.


I used the heron, dragonfly and sentiment stamps from the set to make a one layer card. Just a few strokes of pencil on the image and a hint of glitter on the dragonfly were all I needed to add.

I'm sharing this with

AAA - One layer & twist: my other hobby (watching wildlife is one of my many other hobbies!)


CAS on Friday - Nature

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes 

7 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Couldn't resist the dragonfly could you, lol. Love the card. Love Dawn x

A.Rose said...

What a beautiful arc! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Mrs A. said...

Very graceful and perfect without more being done to it. In the storms we had earlier in the year The Doc spotted one on the neighbours roof but by the time I managed to get my camera he had flown off. He perched there for several minutes. Hugs Mrs A.

Jane said...

Hotw lovely to read something so positive about a heron. My experience of them have all connects with fish stolen from my pond! Beautiful CAS card, looks so serene. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful CAS card, love the glittery dragonfly. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous clean nature card, love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday Challenges, crafty hugs Linda

conil said...

Your card says it all. That heron is reminds me of the egrets we have in the wetlands in our area. The simplicity of your image coloring is perfection.