Wednesday 19 August 2020

Happy birthday Owen

It's my grandson's 5th birthday today - I won't be seeing him as he and his Mummy, Daddy and big sister live in France so we've not been able to visit for several months now, but I expect we'll have a video chat later, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him wearing his favourite Darth Vader outfit - he's even Zoom-bombed some of his Mummy's important business conference calls during lockdown, dressed as Vader and brandishing a light sabre.




Of course I wanted to make him a birthday card featuring his hero. I've seen a really cute stamp used on some blogs but wasn't able to find a UK source for it (if you know of one, please let me know) but then I found the perfect download on Crafts U Print. There was only one layer of decoupage so I printed it twice and cut extra layers from the second sheet to give it the dimension I wanted. And then regretted my decision to add the extra layers - and therefore weight - when I went to post it - the price of postage to France seems to have more than quadrupled in the 10 years my daughter has been living there! 

I am sharing this with CD Sunday Plus - anything goes using a CD, USB or download. 

8 comments:

Pamela said...

A great card for your Darth Vader loving grandson Jane and I love the Zoom meeting appearance!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Crafting Queen said...

Fantastic card, he will love it.

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous card. I bet it will be a favourite with your grandson. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

A great card Jane. I am sure your grandson is going to be ecstatic when he opens it. The postal expense will be worth it.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Wynn said...

What a great card for your Grandson Jane. Your zoom meetings info made me smile....typical 5year old!!
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Plus Wynn DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant star wars card, love the way you designed the card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Sue - said...

What a great card for your grandson Jane, I bet he loved it!

Seafield Jo said...

A fantastic card, I'm sure he'll love it.

Thanks for joining in with our challenge.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT